It’s never too late to get started on success in your career or in your personal life. The Ladders website offers these tips for moving forward:
• Start small. Don’t set too many big goals for yourself. Instead of eating healthy at every single meal, start by vowing to eat just one nutritious meal every day. Increase only when you get used to it.
• Read more. You’re busy, but stop making excuses. It should be possible to carve out 20–30 minutes a day to read something new and different. Find a business or motivational book to read at lunch or just before you go to bed.
• Get high-quality sleep. You need six to nine hours of sleep every night to maintain good physical and mental health. Establish a nighttime routine that helps you drift off to dreamland: Go to bed at the same time every night, don’t eat right before bed, turn off the TV for at least half an hour before bedtime, and try meditation to relax.
• Start the day right. Identify your most important priority for the day and start with that. You’ll get a sense of accomplishment and confidence that will help you press on through the other tasks ahead of you.
• Exercise regularly. Like sleep, exercise is good for the body and the mind. Instead of trying to tackle long, tough workouts, start on a plan you can stick to, like fifteen minutes every other day.